Thursday, March 31, 2011

Apologies for the delay!

Sorry it's been so long since I updated! Here's a quick hit on how things have been going.

I have stayed true to my commitment for Lent, 3 weeks in and 3 weeks left. Week 3 has been the most difficult. While not giving in, the temptation to snatch a bite here or there has been crazy! But prayerfully, I have resisted and am still honoring my commitment. Many have asked if I will go get a big steak when Lent is over, and I say "NO WAY!" My body wouldn't know what to do, so I will enter back in slowly. Really though, I may eat less meat simply as a health choice when all is said and done. I know one thing for sure: I will cut back on the portion size of meat, regardless. Thanks for your prayers and support!

I was asked by a friend on Tuesday if I had weighed in yet, and I hadn't! I guess I was so excited that I am noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit that i forgot. I have been noticing the notches on my belt...some notches have never been used before and now they are getting used! I am super excited about this....I did weigh in, and my weight is now at 254 lbs. Overall, from last year, that is a decrease of 34 lbs. I am inching closer to not having to use the slider at the top of the scale and then dropping to a new number at the bottom. This is super exciting for me. While the victories are small right now, they are still victories.

Your words of support and prayers mean the world to me. I could not do it without you. Please remember me as you pray, and I will do the same. God bless!!!

No comments: