Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Milestone Weigh In Today

I had reported of my sickness in the last post and I am continuing to recover. I am about 75% right now and still taking antibiotics and hope to return to my workouts by Thursday. However, I do have some good news to share.

I do need to preface my news by saying that 1. I did eat regularly while being ill and drank plenty of fluids as my appetite wasn't affected by my severe sinus infection. 2.My workouts ended the day after I begin feeling ill, so my last workout was last Thursday. 3. I began my Lent practice of giving up meat on that same day (thrusday) and have remained 100% faithful to that comittment. So in summary, I haven't worked out in nearly a week, have maintained a healthy eating lifestyle, and have remained faithful to my Lent committment.

So, the milestone weigh day should have been yesterday but I was home recovering and came to the office this morning to play catch up and weighed about 10:30...to my shock and surprise, I had lost 5 lbs!!!!!!!!! This dropped my weight to 259lbs, breaking the 260 mark for the first time in "I can't even remember"! I did it three times to make sure I wasn't missing something, and it was correct!!!!!! Even though I still feel subpar, I couldn't help but smile! So far, my total weight loss stands at 6 lbs and that has been during a very interrupted time of exercise. Honestly, I believe cutting out meat has made more of a difference than I thought. At any rate, I am now EXTREMELY excited to be healthy enough to resume work outs, but also realistic enough to know that I must fully recover from the last 4-5 days of meds and sickness before busting the gym wide open again. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS! It's the only way I keep on keeping on!

Ironically, I think what I am excited about most is this: Another 10 lbs lost, and I won't have to set the scale on "250" and then use the slide above it....From where I began at 288 and to get down to 249, would eliminate the slide for me....that makes me want to cry, in a good way of course. A very practical, visual reminder of how far God has brought me!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome job Kris! Keep up your hard work... you're melting away!

pmbcgirl said...

Keep up the good work, my friend. I have lost a total of 5 lbs in the last three weeks! My road is slow and steady, but that's okay for now. I'm so happy for the progress you're making.