Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back In the Saddle

I am grateful to say that I have recovered enough to get back to the gym. I worked out for one hour and fifteen minutes today. I did a full body circuit which consisted of arms, shoulders, back, legs, abs, and lower back. I could definately tell I had been out sick for a week. I did not notice any substantial loss in strength, but having an illness which affected my respitory system kept me very winded throughout my work out. I quickly learned that 3 sets of 20 was pushing my limits, so I did drop to 3 sets of 15. Even at that, I was coughing and catching my breath at the end of each set. But I was very excited that I could finish the entire workout without giving up.

I was able to work out with my friend Kevin a little today. We hadn't done that in a while. He is recovering from shoulder surgery and his recovery has been a long one: rotator cuff. Please keep him in your prayers as he will return to work very soon. Pray for healing and strength as he continues to recover.

I know that sharing the details of my workouts may not be the most entertaining reading and I appreciate you trudging through it for me. I am asking you to read through something which helps me keep accountable. In actuality, I am writing this blog for an audience of one: me (notice the lower case "o" in one) However, so many of you have somehow sought to encourage me, and at times, even draw some strength from my keeping this blog open and real. That is an honor to me, all of your words and encouragment. If you draw motivation and desire from tracking my progress, so be it. I praise God for using my struggle to help others. But for those of you who are just along for the ride to help me, thank you to you as well. I believe with all my heart, that when I reach my goal, (and I will reach it), I can look back and give thanks to God for surrounding me with such great support. I will get there.....I will reach my goal.....I will overcome the struggle of being fit. And I will do it because of Him....

1 comment:

JM said...

I think what yo are doing is great. "Blogging" tends to get picked at from time to time, but to me its a great thing. Its like having a journal (which I have never had) and sharing it with whomever chooses to read it. (unlike a typical journal)
What I find really great about what you're doing, are the positive effects not only for yourself via supportive comments, but also the positive attitude you give off, it's infectious. Your motivation, strength, will etc. carry on to others who read your blog. I know who ultimately is responsible, but you are the tool being used, and if you didn't share, we would never know. So thank you for sharing and continued success. God bless.